Posted: August 29, 2014
What’s New? Phase 1 is complete, and new areas are open for Fall ‘14 classes. The Past Week • Construction barriers have been removed. • Office furniture has been installed. • The newly renovated kitchen is up and running. • Faculty has moved into new offices. • New classes...
Continue reading article
CAMPAIGN PROGRESS TO DATE
Promise & Power Donations to date
THE POWER OF PLACE
Educators around the world admire Alverno’s unique curriculum and the performance abilities it helps students develop. The Promise & Power campaign ensures a learning environment every bit as effective as this curriculum for many generations to come.
Built in 1953 for 800 students, Alverno’s campus today is home to one of America’s largest women’s colleges. Enrollment has grown by 35 percent during the past decade and soon will reach 3,000. The Promise & Power campaign will make possible the largest expansion and renovation of this campus ever. It will ensure that future generations of Alverno students have the classrooms, gathering spaces and advanced learning technologies they need to develop their abilities to the fullest.
AN ALVERNO FOR TOMORROW
In the next 30 years more than 20,000 women will come to Alverno to earn their degrees and start their careers. The Promise & Power campaign will improve their campus in six important ways.
- Nine new classrooms will help Alverno accommodate its growing enrollment and connect students with online learning resources around the world.
- A new Nursing Simulation Center will enable nursing students to practice nursing abilities in near lifelike settings. Alverno’s JoAnn McGrath School of Nursing has the largest undergraduate enrollment in the state, and the new Nursing Simulation Center ensures an Alverno nursing degree continues as a hallmark of nursing excellence.
- An expanded Commons will provide a spacious, comfortable gathering place for students, faculty and staff. Featuring an expanded food service area and meeting rooms for small groups, it will give the Alverno community a strong center.
- A “green roof” that will absorb rainfall and reduce reflected heat will be the most visible of several efforts that will help the environment and conserve energy costs
- A new “Student Main Street” will combine advising, counseling, financial aid, career planning and other critical student services in one easy-to-access location adjacent to the new Commons.
- A new Art Education Suite that doubles the classroom space devoted to art and dance education. Nearly 40 percent of Alverno students take courses in art and dance every year, and the expansion ensures students the space they need to develop their creativity.
New Commons Exterior - The glass windows are installed in the new Commons building as construction strides ahead.