Posted: April 30, 2015
What’s New? The second and final phase on the FO-S 1st & 2nd floors is complete. Furniture is being installed, and faculty will begin moving-in in the coming weeks. The Past Week • Completion of FO 1st & 2nd floors. • Concrete retaining wall pours on south side of Alexia Hall. •...
Continue reading article
CAMPAIGN PROGRESS TO DATE
Promise & Power Donations to date
THE POWER OF PLACE
Educators around the world admire Alverno’s unique curriculum and the performance abilities it helps students develop. The Promise & Power campaign ensures a learning environment every bit as effective as this curriculum for many generations to come.
Built in 1953 for 800 students, Alverno’s campus today is home to one of America’s largest women’s colleges. Enrollment has grown by 35 percent during the past decade and soon will reach 3,000. The Promise & Power campaign will make possible the largest expansion and renovation of this campus ever. It will ensure that future generations of Alverno students have the classrooms, gathering spaces and advanced learning technologies they need to develop their abilities to the fullest.
AN ALVERNO FOR TOMORROW
In the next 30 years more than 20,000 women will come to Alverno to earn their degrees and start their careers. The Promise & Power campaign will improve their campus in six important ways.
- Nine new classrooms will help Alverno accommodate its growing enrollment and connect students with online learning resources around the world.
- A new Nursing Simulation Center will enable nursing students to practice nursing abilities in near lifelike settings. Alverno’s JoAnn McGrath School of Nursing has the largest undergraduate enrollment in the state, and the new Nursing Simulation Center ensures an Alverno nursing degree continues as a hallmark of nursing excellence.
- An expanded Commons will provide a spacious, comfortable gathering place for students, faculty and staff. Featuring an expanded food service area and meeting rooms for small groups, it will give the Alverno community a strong center.
- A “green roof” that will absorb rainfall and reduce reflected heat will be the most visible of several efforts that will help the environment and conserve energy costs
- A new “Student Main Street” will combine advising, counseling, financial aid, career planning and other critical student services in one easy-to-access location adjacent to the new Commons.
- A new Art Education Suite that doubles the classroom space devoted to art and dance education. Nearly 40 percent of Alverno students take courses in art and dance every year, and the expansion ensures students the space they need to develop their creativity.
Alexia Hall Progress - Retaining walls being poured on south side of Alexia Hall