Construction Phase 1 Begins
Construction began February 24th on Alexia Hall and the new Commons Building. Surveyors will layout the new buildings, then excavation and demolition begin shortly after. Heavy earthwork moving equipment will mobilize to the college in coming weeks.
The Past Week
- Pre-planning for the project: there are approximately 30 subcontracts to be generated and executed.
- Construction trailer arrived, and is parked on the south end of the Soccer Lot.
Coming Up in the Weeks Ahead
- Surveying crews will layout new building corners of two new buildings.
- Interior temporary partitions to be installed.
- Tree removal to take place. By the time this project is complete, approximately 40 additional trees and hundreds of new indigenous shrubs will be planted.
- Alphonsa Hall elevator demolition.
- Window protection to be installed along south wall of commons.
- Additional site fencing to be installed.
- A temporary partition will be placed by Christopher Hall east entrance. To access Alphonsa Hall go to the Rotunda first.
- A temporary partition will be placed by Alphonsa Hall west entrance. To access Christopher Hall go to the Rotunda first.